July 11, 2014 Leave a comment
November 21, 2011 1 Comment
A couple years ago now, when Facebook was at the height of it’s privacy issues, a few young kids decided they needed to do something about it. They came up with an idea they called Diaspora. It was exactly what we needed at the time, a Facebook where you owned all your own data. They posted this video:
And the web went nuts. Kickstarter was new, relatively untested, unsure of what it would become and who would want to participate. But then these kids, and they were (still are) kids, completely blew the doors off their fundraising plan netting over $200K from over 6,000
People were hungry for a site that would deal with the privacy issues that they didn’t understand, that they media was over-hyping.
July 29, 2011 1 Comment
I’m going to jump on the bandwagon of people talking about Google+ for a minute. There’s a lot of people who LOVE it (Matt Shaw – I’m looking at you). And there are a lot of people saying “I don’t get it.” There are also a lot of people saying “I sort of get it, but why should I use it?”
I’m still in the playing around with it phase and while it seems neat, I’m going to withhold passing judgement just yet. But if you want to know why you should play with it, or what it even does, check out this cool (and funny) video (thanks to Avin Narasimhan for sharing):
January 3, 2011 Leave a comment
iPhone app: Twitter – It’s not the most advanced app around, and certainly not the first Twitter app, but it is the official one and it works really well. It was a great movie by Twitter to acquire a very popular app and make it the official one, rather than trying to reinvent the wheel.
iPad app: flipboard – I still don’t own an iPad and probably won’t for some time. But if anything is going to make me buy one it’s this app. Flipboard pulls all the content from your social graph into an easy to consume “magazine.”
Website: We’re all fans – what better way to celebrate musicians and their fans?
Gadget: Xbox Kinect – Radically re-imagining the way we play video games. It’s incredible and yet still primitive. But it shows the way that wind is blowing.
Meme: Bed Intruder – What can I say about this that hasn’t already been said?
…and the remix:
New TV show: The Walking Dead – After the first episode AMC ordered a full season for next year. That’s how good it is.
- RT @GeorgeTakei: Remember, Donald's failed #Trump100Days is because of you: You marched, you called, you resisted. Let's keep it up for th… 2 hours ago
- RT @benwikler: House Republicans need to feel that they'll lose their jobs if they vote for this bill. Full stop. And by rights, they SHOUL… 10 hours ago
- RT @GaryJanetti: Trump says he thought being president would be easier. IT'S THE FUCKING HARDEST JOB IN THE WORLD HOW DID YOU NOT KNOW THA… 1 day ago
- RT @bitchyologist: It's beginning to look like Hillary Clinton is the only one who wasn't actually crooked. 1 day ago
- RT @shannoncoulter: .@redbull good to know about your CEO's plans to launch a Breitbart-like site. You've heard of @slpng_giants, right? ht… 1 day ago